• Register to vote if you have yet to do so at Vote 411 or at R.I. Secretary of State.
• Get the latest updates on R.I.'s upcoming elections and learn more about voting-by-mail at R.I. Board of Elections and what the League is doing.
• Fill out the 2020 U.S. Census. We want to ensure that Rhode Island continues to receive the federal funding it deserves, and we keep two U.S. House Representatives.
• Support the League's People Powered Fair Maps campaign and ensure that R.I. puts the power of drawing districts in the hands of ordinary Rhode Islanders and not legislators. Sign a petition and show your support for proposed amendments to the R.I. Constitution to create an independent redistricting commission at Redraw RI.
• Read the House or Senate bills that would pave the way for an independent redistricting commission in Rhode Island.
Census The U.S. Census is required under the U.S. Constitution to occur every 10 years and is the process of counting every resident in the country. For the first time ever, in 2020 the Census will be primarily digitally based.
APRIL 13, 2020 Release Number CB20-RTQ.16 U.S. Department of Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and U.S. Census Bureau Director Steven Dillingham Statement on 2020 Census Operational Adjustments Due to COVID-19
Voting Matters: Census connects federal money and your taxes Special to The Westerly Sun, March 19, 2020 By Marguerite Long, Chairwoman of the Voter Registration Committee, League of Women Voters South County
Kathy Dawes will present "The Census: It's Counting on You" at the League of Women Voters of Moscow forum noon-1 p.m. Wednesday (Feb. 5) in the Arts Workshop of the 1912 Center, 412 E. Third St., Moscow